IPA Academic Salon - David Moser, Ph.D., ABPP-CN
Assessing Capacity for Informed Consent in Clinical Settings
Thursday, May 10, 2018, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
2520 Muddy Creek Lake, Coralville, IA (home of Laura Fuller and Greg Barton)
- Gain awareness of how and when decisional capacity assessments should be conducted.
- Understand the four basic abilities underlying decisional capacity and how to assess them.
- Understand how to remediate impaired decisional capacity when possible and practical.
- Understand the pros and cons of using a sliding threshold for capacity in various situations.
David Moser, Ph.D., ABPP-CN is a neuropsychologist and Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. Originally from Massachusetts, he trained at the University of Florida and Brown University before joining the faculty at Iowa in 1999. His wife Becky is a Speech-Language Pathologist and they live in Iowa City along with their three kids and a pack of dogs.
Information about the Salon: (Flyer)
· May 10th, 2018, 6-8 pm
· 2520 Muddy Creek Lane, Coralville, IA (home of Laura Fuller & Greg Barton)
· Cost: IPA Members $25, Early Career psychologists $15, Nonmembers $35, students are free. Registration capped at 16, maximum of 4 students
· Proceeds go to IPA
· Continuing education available: 1.5 CEs
· The goals are for participants to learn and earn ethics CE credit in a fun, informal environment, with a chance to meet other psychologists (and students) in the region. IPA will be providing some refreshments.
· Because this is being held in Dr. Fuller’s home, registration will be capped at 16, with a maximum of 4 students.
· Register and pay via IPA website.